When reserving a flat or an apartment, the Guest agrees to the following rental terms and conditions. Please read them carefully, as failing to comply with them might cause your eviction without any refund. PLEASE NOTE: These rental terms and conditions are susceptible to change whenever necessary.
1. Presentation on the site of the rental objects:
1.1. Flat-in-Porto helps owners to take care and rent their properties to Guests for a period from 3 days to 1 year. Rental properties available are: Flats, Apartments, Studios or Villas. The object of rentals is the complete property, be it an apartment, a flat, a studio or a villa. Each property belongs to different owners; it is therefore not possible to rent two different properties on the same booking. 1.2. Each property, be it a house, flat, apartment or studio is as presented on the site. Flat-in-Porto has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on its website at the time of publishing. There might be changes on the furniture and equipment, which will be updated on the site as soon as possible. We happily answer any questions the Guest might have on this matter which might not be clear enough.
1.3. It is by principle not possible to show the rental properties beforehand as they might be occupied or keys may not be available. There are photos on the site as well as detailed information and we gladly answer any of your questions about the rental property.
2. Limitations of Liability: Flat-in-Porto makes all reasonable efforts to provide advice and safety information. This information can be found in the website, Emails and in the rental properties. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure that they have read and understood the contents and advice given. Flat-in-Porto is willing to provide any and further information pertaining to the Property providing the Guest has first read all the documents sent them. In addition, Flat-in-Porto states the following:
2.1. Flat-in-Porto does not accept liability for equipment failure and / or services in the rented home. In the event of failure of equipment, the Guest must notify Flat-in-Porto within 1 working day such that Flat-in-Porto can, if possible, remedy the failure.
2.2. Flat-in-Porto does not accept liability for lost or stolen personal property of the Guest from the Property during the Rental Period. Flat-in-Porto provides information and advice in paperwork mailed out in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise of security, even where the Guest makes use of advice given. In the event that the property of the Guest is stolen or lost, the Guest should advise Flat-in-Porto and they will in turn notify the appropriate authority.
2.3. Flat-in-Porto accepts no liability for personal loss or injury to the Guest during the Rental Period. The Guest must ensure that they have adequate insurance cover. Flat-in-Porto provides information and advice in the final paperwork to the Guest in an advisory capacity only, with no guarantee or promise implied.
2.4. Flat-in-Porto does not accept any liability for the acts or omissions of any agent. These include but not limited to airlines, car hire companies, travel agents, ticket agents, home-owners, or utility providers.
2.5. Flat-in-Porto does not accept liability for acts of violence, nature, fire, flood, war, civil disobedience, riot, or other force majeure that may have a deleterious effect on the Guest. In the event of such force majeure Flat-in-Porto will try to assist the Guest whenever possible to do so.
3. Payment: All payments shall be made to Flat-in-Porto or Property Owners by bank transfer, Paypal or in cash only. Cheques are not accepted.
4. Alternative Accommodation:
4.1 In the highly unlikely event that Flat-in-Porto shall be unable to arrange the accommodation requested by the Guest, Flat-in-Porto shall attempt to arrange alternative accommodation of a similar type, cost and standard and in a similar location as that originally requested by the Guest. If the alternative accommodation and/or rate, is not acceptable to the Guest, Flat-in-Porto shall refund in full, to the Guest all monies paid by him/her to Flat-in-Porto.
5. Reservation and Cancellation: 5. 1. In order to secure a rental home, the Guest will have to make a reservation:
- For rentals up to one month (30 days): 30% of the total rental value.
- For rentals longer than one month (more than 31 days): 30% of two month’s rent cooresponding to the first and last month.
A reservation of a rental property is only effective once reservation amount has entered our bank account. We will nevertheless pre-reserve the flat /apartment for a period of 4 (four) days, after your reservation request per email, while the reservation amount is being transferred to us.
5. 2. If the Guest needs to cancel a reservation, the Guest is required to send an e-mail or fax. The sent date will be used to calculate your refund.
5. 3. Cancellation rules are:
- Prior to 31 days upon arrival: reservation refunded in full.
- 30 days or less prior to arrival: no refund will take place.
6.1. It is possible to post-pone a reservation, if the flat or apartment is available for the new period at the moment of the request.
6.2. It is possible to enter your reservation earlier, if the flat or apartment is available in the requested period and after the guest has informed Flat-in-Porto at least one week (seven days) prior to the new check-in date.
6.3. The number of people staying at a booked rental property can be changed according to the following situations:
6.3.1. It is possible to add guests, only within property’s capacity stated in the site and with prior request.
6.3.2. It is possible to reduce the number of guests.
6.4. The first reservation change will not have any additional cost. Any further changes will have a fee of 20 euro.
7. Safety Deposit: 7.1. To cover up for any damage caused by the Guest in the Property, furniture, equipment, damaged or missing bed linen, towels, rugs or keys, we require a safety deposit of 500 Euro for stays of 20 days or longer, and of 250 Euro for shorter stays (from 3 nights to 19 days).
7.2. This safety deposit is to be handed in cash to Flat-in-Porto at check-in after inspection of the rented Property or the Guest may transfer it up to a week before arrival.
7.3. The safety deposit will be transferred back to the guest 15 to 45 days after check-out, after inspection of the flat, if everything is as at check-in.
7.4. If there is damage, the safety deposit will be handed after deduction of costs. Since these will have to be evaluated, the remnant will be handed back 15 to 45 days after check-out. Please provide a bank account number for the transfer.
7.5. Where loss or damage to the property, the furniture or equipment exceeds the amount of the safety deposit, Flat-in-Porto will bill the guest for the shortfall and the Guest agrees to pay. In the event that the Guest fails to pay any such shortfall, Flat-in-Porto reserves the right to exercise any legal remedies to pursue the amount owed from the Guest.
7.6. The Guest agrees that Flat-in-Porto can deduct sums from the security deposit to cover:
- Non-return of keys
- Loss or breakage of inventory items
- Damage to the property or its equipment
- Breaking of the rule of non-smoking in the flat.
- Excessive consumption of electricity, water, telephone, gas or Internet, when applicable.
8. Check-in and Check-out:
8.1. It is possible to check-in and check-out at nearly any time. Exceptions are:
8.1.1. If the booked rental Property has been reserved by other guests for the next or same day. In this case check-out is invariably until 10:00 a.m.;
8.1.2. After 23:00 and until 07:00 during this time it is not possible to either check-in or check-out.
8.2. In order to guarantee a smooth reception of the Guest, it is necessary that the Guest inform us of flight number, or arrival hours at the flat within at least 24 hours warning. We cannot guarantee we will be at the flat or apartment at your time, if the Guest informs us less than 24 hours of your exact arrival time at the flat.
8.3. At check-in, the rental property is inspected and instructions are given about how the appliances work and the house rules are explained.
8.4. At check-in is due only in cash:
- For stays up to one month: the remnant of the rent for the full length of stay in cash; the safety deposit in cash and any further fee applicable, such as final cleaning fee or Internet fee also in cash.
- For stays longer than one month: the remnant of the rent for the first and last month of stay in cash; the safety deposit in cash and any further fee applicable, such as final cleaning fee or Internet fee also in cash.
8.5. At check-out the rental property is to be delivered with a similar level of cleanliness, as it was handed to the guest at check-in. Bed linen, towels and further textiles should not be washed. Specially make sure:
- Do not leave garbage in the flat.
- There aren’t leftovers in the fridge, oven or micro-wave.
- Dishes, pans and pots should be washed.
- Every piece of furniture and equipment should be in their original place.
Should the Guest fail to do the above mentioned points, we will have to charge an additional cleaning fee. Please refer to the rental conditions of your booked flat for that fee.
8.6. Should the Guest need to wash rugs or carpets that should be done in time for check-out. Rugs or carpets must be utterly dry and on theirs places.
8.6.5 Were animals have been allowed in the flats, there is an additional cleaning fee of 50 Euro. This is due to the fact that all the flat apartment or villa will have to be cleaned from animal hair, which may cause allergy to the next guests.
9. Your stay in the flat:
9.1. The Guest is of course allowed to receive visitors, but it is not allowed to lodge for the full booked period more people than the agreed in the reservation contract.
9.1.1. In long stays (more than one month) the number of Guests is limited to the number of existing beds in the Property. Sofa-beds, when available cannot be considered beds as they are not appropriate for longer stays.
9.2. The majority of the available properties are integrated in residential areas, therefore Guests are warned that noise from 22.00 to 07:00 is not permitted neither within the flat nor in the premises of the building, as it may cause in your eviction.
9.3. It is demanded a very special attention to closing of the doors of buildings and of the apartments.
9.4. Use of electricity, water and gas: there is a maximum amount considered in the rental value for each flat. These amounts have been calculated for your maximum comfort. Please see the rental terms of the rental property to see these amounts. Should the Guest use more than these, we will deduct the cost from your safety deposit. In stays longer than one month, we require monthly update on those consumptions.
9.5 It is possible that the Internet service, telephone service, or cable TV service in your apartment is unavailable during your stay due to problems that are out of the control of the property owner. It is also possible that the Internet service provided is not compatible with your computer’s operating system or configuration. In such cases, neither the property owner nor Flat-in-Porto will be responsible for any losses or expenditures due to the outage. In properties that have Wi-Fi connectivity to the Internet, it is possible that the system may not be compatible with your computer or may not work properly. It is always a good idea to carry with your computer a standard Ethernet cable to be used if your laptop is unable to connect with the wireless signal. It is not Flat-in-Porto’s responsibility, if the Wi-Fi signal is weak or does not work properly.
9.6. The Guest is not allowed to replace or fix any damage, breakage he/she may cause in the rented property. In such cases the Guest has to contact Flat-in-Porto in order to replace or repair the damage. The values will be discounted from the safety deposit.
9.7. The lease should, according to the law, respect the contract, being forbidden to use it in illegal activities.
9.8. The Guests who break the rules will be evicted without any money return.